Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tunes on Tuesday

     It is Tuesday again and I am hopping and rocking along with Holli at  "Holli's Hoots and Hollers" and Lauren at "Outside the Frame"  and itching to share the songs that are rocking my world today.  Today all the tunes I chose have a happy feel good beat going on.

      Since my husband is finally coming home at the end of this week after being on the road for 6 weeks I chose “Are You Going to Kiss Me or Not?” by Thompson Square.



      It is a favorite of both of ours and even though a hello kiss plus more is probably a given after than much time apart, a person still wonders.  After all I haven’t seen him in forever and it is a legitimate worry!  Usually our eyes meet and the weirdness goes away in about 5 seconds.

      Another song that has been banging around in my head lately is Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe”. 




      I love the video to this song.  It completely cracks me up and looks like something that would happen to me.  I can just see me getting my panties in a twist over a hot guy only to find out he really has the hots for the guy standing next to me.   Go figure…isn’t that how it goes?  Even more likely it is that desperate feeling hoping the schools will call me in to fill in at the cafeteria.  I get the fact that they won’t call unless one of the regulars are sick or need time off…so chances are slim.  Still, call me maybe…OK?  I like money!

       Last but not least, I love the rollicking beat of “Tornado” by Little Big Town




      I kind of like the idea of rocking the world so much that I lift a house up spin it around, and smash it back down like a tornado.  It kind of has this crazy, menopausal feel to it that just perhaps the world should not screw with me.  After all, I am bat shit crazy and hormonal until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.


10 comments:

  1. Yay for hubby coming home! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I am! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  2. ohhhhh these are awesome songs!!! I love tornado. I also have the Are you gonna kiss me song or not on ipod but what makes me sad is that my honey isnt a big fan of country. :( Country has some of the best couples songs.
    Thanks so much for linking up and advertising our blog hop. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holli, I love them too. Eventually maybe country will grow on him! You never know...it could happen. My husband went from liking Metallica to liking "Are you gonna kiss me or not?" so stranger things have and can happen! LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments. I am honored to participate in such a fun blog hop. ♥

      Delete
  3. I love "Call Me Maybe." - Great choices and yay you for the hubs coming home! He was gone a looonnnng time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, he has been a long time. We have a mountain of school papers the kids did for him to see. LOL My daughter turned me on to "Call Me Maybe". Such a happy song. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. Have you seen all the Call Me Maybe memes on Facebook? They are so funny! Wow your husband's been gone 6 weeks? I can barely stand to have mine gone for 4-5 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I haven't seen then on Face Book, but have seen some on YouTube. They are hilarious. Believe me, 6 weeks is entirely too long. It makes you feel like you are a widow or something. Needless to say, I will be happy to see him. Even if he is bringing me a shitload of laundry to do...it will be so nice to have him home. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Thanks, beautiful song Carly Rae Jepsen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leovi, it is such a happy upbeat song! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete